• Maria Cordon

R Visa. #Religious Organization, #Religious Vocation, # Religious Occupation.

There are two types of visas: immigrant and non-immigrant. Non-immigrant visas are obtained outside the United States, at a consulate or American embassy. Individuals with a current I-94 can change or extend their status in the United States.

My experience with religious visas is that for the case to prosper, the organization requesting the person should be tax-exempt and a valid 26 U.S.C. §501(c)(3) must be included in the petition. A missionary organization affiliated with a church can be a petitioner. There are also strict rules about whether the person being petitioned is going to be paid a salary (compensated) or not. USCIS greatly restricts visas for people who will not be paid anything during their stay in the United States. A person falls out of status if paid by a religious organization other than the one who requested it (petitioner). A person with a religious visa can have more than one petitioner.

Because of the high incidence of fraud, H1Bs and Rs are very popular with the USCIS Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate (FDNS).

Attorney Maria M. Cordon can help you determine if you are eligible, prove the facts, and how the facts meet the legal requirements to file a R petition.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

#COVID-19 and EOIR's Response

In addition to filing via e-mail pursuant to Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR’s), Houston-Smith Standing Order No. 02, Webex Hearings are available by Motion to the pertinent Immigratio

Happy New Year 2021

Fiscal H1B season 2022 continues with Proclamation 10014 and subsequent Proclamation 10052 possibly being extended until March 31, 2021. “Sec. 4. Termination. This proclamation shall expire on Mar

Proudly created with Wix.com