• Maria Cordon

U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization.#U.S. Passport, #Transmission, #Dual Citizenship.

United States Citizenship can be acquired by being born in the United States, Puerto Rico, or upon fulfilling certain conditions, the Canal Zone or the Republic of Panama among others. A child can also acquire US citizenship even if they are born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen. U.S. citizenship can be transmitted from generation to generation as long as the people meet all other legal requirements. There is an option to obtain a U.S. passport or a Certificate of Citizenship with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If the funds are there, I recommend doing both. A child can also acquire U.S. citizenship by adoption.

If you are over the age of 18, you are not already a U.S. Citizen, and you meet all the other eligibility requirements, you can file an Application for Naturalization. USCIS will review your application and grant or deny it within 120 days. A denial can be appealed.

U.S. does not like, but does not forbid, dual citizenship.


Recent Posts

See All

#Mary Ann Shadd Cary

Honrando a Mary Ann Shadd Cary (10/09 / 1823-06 / 05/1893), una abogada canadiense-estadounidense y la primera mujer editora en América del Norte. Aunque los canadienses a menudo no tienen que obtene

#Mary Ann Shadd

Honoring Mary Ann Shadd (10/09/1823-06/05/1893) a Canadian – American lawyer and first woman publisher in North America. Although Canadians are often exempt from U.S. visa requirements, they do need

#Intérpretes para asilo

#Intérpretes para asilo. La oficina de asilo (USCIS) proporcionará intérpretes gratuitos a los solicitantes de asilo. https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-to-provide-contract-interpreters-fo

Proudly created with Wix.com