• Maria Cordon

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Updated: Jul 28, 2019


Most aliens  must notify  the Department of Homeland Security - USCIS of a change of address, I interpret as physical, by reporting their new address using the form USCIS AR-11 within 10 days of moving to a new address until becoming a U.S. citizen. 8 U.S.C. §1305 only states address:

"(a) Notification of change

Each alien required to be registered under this subchapter who is within the United States shall notify the Attorney General in writing of each change of address and new address within ten days from the date of such change and furnish with such notice such additional information as the Attorney General may require by regulation." 

Registration of special groups at 8 U.S.C. §1303 contains some exceptions and Penalties at 8 U.S.C. §1306  contains some penalties.  Prudence dictates that  unless you are literally exempt, it is your responsibility as a non-US citizen to submit Form  AR-11  and provide notice of address changes as indicated until becoming a U.S. citizen. If possible, I recommend doing  change of address online (immediate evidence) or one by certified mail, return receipt requested. USCIS has very useful information on the subject at:


Independently, if you have a pending application with USCIS you can use that link to notify of changes in physical or mailing address.


Recent Posts

See All

#Intérpretes para asilo

#Intérpretes para asilo. La oficina de asilo (USCIS) proporcionará intérpretes gratuitos a los solicitantes de asilo. https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-to-provide-contract-interpreters-fo

#Asylum Interpreters

Asylum office will provide free interpreters to asylum to applicants. https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-to-provide-contract-interpreters-for-asylum-interviews. Much better than having a

#Chapter 13 win for Debtors

A win for Debtors from the 5th Cir. The Court held that: “Section 1325(b)(2) of the Code, as clarified in Lanning, plainly allows below-median income debtors to retain any income that is reasonably n

Proudly created with Wix.com